iOS & Software development:
Swift, Clean Swift, Xcode, APIs, Azure, Python, CLI, Git, Oracle
VM VirtualBox, Linux, Spyder, Visual Paradigm, object-oriented programming
G Suite, DropBox, Github, Agile, Basecamp, Zapier
Photogrammetry + 3D modeling:
Agisoft PhotoScan, MeshLab, SketchFab, custom software
Firebase analytics, Microsoft Office, content development, heading social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to educate, engage target audience, increase followers
– Building features for the Nina van Nuon app from user stories and feedback
– Programmatic UI, transition animations, working with a custom API
– Unit testing, UI testing using mock JSON, regression testing
– Bug fixing, refactoring, and Firebase event tagging
– Transitioning to Xcode 11 beta and iOS 13
– Built team demo iOS app for ShipIT hackathon 2019 in Katowice, Poland
– Building custom, responsive WordPress sites that have successfully assisted clients in securing funding and improving brand awareness
– Design, program, test, debug (CLI, Spyder, etc.), log issues (Github, Basecamp, Zapier) for software applications
– Implement algorithms and data structures using object-oriented programming
– Led a series of design thinking workshops and acted as guest lecturer for a MSc in Journalism course on Interactive Information Design
– Project manage software production, and QA of tools with over a million users
– Research administration, finance, and accounting for a $4.2 million grant
– Coordinate payroll, onboarding, department travel, daily operations
– Business creation, development, strategy, funding, and administration
– Research and create content, custom CMS data entry, QA and testing on CMS and content display in iOS
– Create examples to test and showcase software, compile documentation for prototypes and projects
– Resolve and track user issues and recommendations
Added the Nina image as the navigation right bar button item and built a circular transition animation to and from the chat screen, built the tab bar item “Meer” ViewController which improves user navigation to their profile now only having to enter their pin once each session and allowing them to logout more easily.
When receiving a meter reading error from the API, this tile notifies the user that their smart meter is malfunctioning (previously they had no way of knowing) and allows them to easily contact their network operator to fix it.
An internal meeting room booking app using bluetooth beacons, built for our team demo at the company 24hr hackathon in Katowice, Poland.
Irish Quaternary Association
IQUA wanted to migrate their old Dreamweaver-created site to a new website using WordPress that would be easy for the committee to update and feature a section on the front page showing their Facebook posts.
– Built a customized WordPress theme and migrated it to their existing domain
– Added tables to display their publications in a more user-friendly way
– Site is now responsive
My goal in the site was to make it easier for a visitor to understand what the organization is and how to navigate the site (the old site involved so much clicking around through pages in search of information).
The Hatchery Chicago
The Hatchery wanted a WordPress site to showcase their new organization, all they had to give me was a powerpoint presentation. I took the content and style and developed a customized WordPress site.
Since the creation of the site they have raised funding to become a full 501(c)(3) organization and are helping people advance their careers in the Chicago restaurant industry.
*link is to a demo site, as the startup is no longer around
Rithmio wanted a more secure, faster site built off of what interns had started. I created a child theme on their purchased WordPress theme and customized it to fit their needs. I also built out a developer site for them to make their Software Development Kit available using plugins; for example, Easy Digital Downloads to assist with user management and controlling access to the assets.
Pro Bono Web Development
Megalithic Art Analysis Project
While working as an archaeological research assistant on this project, I also took on the role of managing the outreach, this involved setting up the website and various social media accounts to drive engagement. The website had over 800 page views by the end of the contract, and still averages around 100 views a month.
Association of Young Irish Archaeologists
While revamping the organization with a fellow student, I purchased the domain name and set up and host the WordPress site so that future student committees can easily update and manage the site.
While editor for the 17th edition, I wanted to increase the awareness of the journal, so I created and styled the free WordPress.com site, so that future students could easily pass on ownership and manage the site without having to worry about budget constraints.
Lauren Wise Portfolio
Lauren is a writer and owns her own publishing company, she wanted a simple and easy to manage website separate from her company, to showcase her freelance writing work and personality.
* site may no longer be in use
This started as a project to fill a niche that was left after Venus Zine shut down. There was not enough smart, mainstream coverage of women musicians, so we wanted to balance it out.
Winner of a 2013 McCormick Foundation New Media Women Entrepreneurs Grant
– Created the custom WordPress site, branding, and content strategy for BoxxMagazine.com
– Business creation, development, and strategy, Established Boxx Publishing LLC
– Directed SEO, social media, marketing, interns, operations, promotions at festivals/events
– Concert photography, artist relations and interviews, writing and editing
StoryMapJS is a free tool from the Knight Lab to help you tell stories on the web that highlight the locations of a series of events.
TimelineJS is an open-source tool that enables you to build visually-rich interactive timelines and is available in 40 languages.
– Assisted in compiling the F.A.Q. and examples.
– Created example Timelines and a Timeline of the Lab’s prototypes and projects.
– Contribute in answering support questions.
The Congressional Primaries suite of technologies helped help news organizations cover Illinois’ Congressional primaries. The technology won a 2012 Online Journalism Award in the Planned Event category.
– Edited and input the politician biographies and photographs.
– Edited the list of sources the news aggregation tool pulled from on the backend of the site.
– Researched the elections office information and updated candidate listings as some dropped out.
MSc in Computing Masters Qualifier, Dublin Institute of Technology
Python: Classes and Objects, Algorithms
Web Development and UI Design
SQL, UML diagrams
Architecture, Operating Systems, Networks
Boolean Logic, Command Line, Virtual Machines (Virtual Box: Linux), Binary and Hexadecimal
Systems Analysis and Testing
Software development process, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Acceptance Testing
- Building over 20 fully-fledged apps including ones that use Firebase, Core Data, Cocoapods, machine learning and augmented reality
- Concepts of Object Oriented Programming (OOP): The type system, variables, functions and methods, inheritance, classes and protocols.
- Control Structures: Using If/Else clauses, Switch statements and logic to control the flow of execution.
- Data Structures: How to work with collections, such as arrays and dictionaries.
- Software Design: How to organise and format code for readability and how to implement the Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- Networking: How to make asynchronous API calls, store and retrieve data from the cloud, and use the JSON format for server communication.
- Persistent Local Data Storage: How to use Core Data, Realm, Codable and User Defaults to store your app data locally.
- How to Implement In-App Purchases with Apple StoreKit
- Machine Learning: How to make artificially intelligent apps and build your own machine learning models using iOS 12’s new CoreML2 and CreateML frameworks.
- Augmented Reality: How to create 3D objects in augmented reality and create incredible 3D animations and real-life interactions using Apple’s latest ARKit2 framework.
WordPress Developer Blueprint, Skillcrush
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress, PHP, Custom Theming
Command Line, Git, GitHub
WordPress Professional Best Practices
Command Line, Git & Github, Customizing Plugins, Mobile Optimization, Professional Deployment & Workflow
Introduction to Freelancing
Set Pricing & Services, Find Clients, Networking, Scoping & Budgeting, Proposals, Project Agreements