Python, CLI, Git, Linux, Oracle VM VirtualBox, Spyder, Visual Paradigm, object-oriented programming
G Suite, DropBox, Github, Agile, Basecamp, Zapier
Photogrammetry + 3D modeling:
Agisoft PhotoScan, MeshLab, SketchFab, custom software
– Building custom, responsive WordPress sites that have successfully assisted clients in securing funding and improving brand awareness
– Design, program, test, debug (CLI, Spyder, etc.), log issues (Github, Basecamp, Zapier) for software applications
– Implement algorithms and data structures using object-oriented programming
– Led a series of design thinking workshops and acted as guest lecturer for a MSc in Journalism course on Interactive Information Design
– Project manage software production, and QA of tools with over a million users
– Research administration, finance, and accounting for a $4.2 million grant
– Coordinate payroll, onboarding, department travel, daily operations
– Business creation, development, strategy, funding, and administration
– Research and create content, custom CMS data entry, QA and testing on CMS and content display in iOS
– Create examples to test and showcase software, compile documentation for prototypes and projects
– Resolve and track user issues and recommendations
Irish Quaternary Association
– Built a customized WordPress theme and migrated it to their existing domain
– Added tables to display their publications in a more user-friendly way
– Site is now responsive
My goal in the site was to make it easier for a visitor to understand what the organization is and how to navigate the site (the old site involved so much clicking around through pages in search of information).
The Hatchery Chicago
The Hatchery wanted a WordPress site to showcase their new organization, all they had to give me was a powerpoint presentation. I took the content and style and developed a customized WordPress site.
Since the creation of the site they have raised funding to become a full 501c3 organization and are helping people advance their careers in the Chicago restaurant industry.
*link is to a demo site, as the startup is no longer around
Rithmio wanted a more secure, faster site built off of what interns had started. I created a child theme on their purchased WordPress theme and customized it to fit their needs. I also built out a developer site for them to make their SDK available.
Pro Bono Web Development
Megalithic Art Analysis Project
Association of Young Irish Archaeologists
While revamping the organization with a fellow student, I purchased the domain name and set up and host the WordPress site so that future student committees can easily update and manage the site.
While editor for the 17th edition, I wanted to increase the awareness of the journal, so I created and styled the free WordPress.com site, so that future students could easily pass on ownership and manage the site without having to worry about budget constraints.
Lauren Wise Portfolio
Lauren is a writer and owns her own publishing company, she wanted a simple and easy to manage website separate from her company, to showcase her freelance writing work and personality.
StoryMapJS is a free tool from the Knight Lab to help you tell stories on the web that highlight the locations of a series of events.
TimelineJS is an open-source tool that enables you to build visually-rich interactive timelines and is available in 40 languages.
– Assisted in compiling the F.A.Q. and examples.
– Created example Timelines and a Timeline of the Lab’s prototypes and projects.
– Contribute in answering support questions.
The Congressional Primaries suite of technologies helped help news organizations cover Illinois’ Congressional primaries. The technology won a 2012 Online Journalism Award in the Planned Event category.
– Edited and input the politician biographies and photographs.
– Edited the list of sources the news aggregation tool pulled from on the backend of the site.
– Researched the elections office information and updated candidate listings as some dropped out.
MSc in Computing Masters Qualifier, Dublin Institute of Technology
Python: Classes and Objects, Algorithms
Web Development and UI Design
SQL, UML diagrams
Architecture, Operating Systems, Networks
Boolean Logic, Command Line, Virtual Machines (Virtual Box: Linux), Binary and Hexadecimal
Systems Analysis and Testing
Software development process, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Acceptance Testing
WordPress Developer Blueprint, Skillcrush
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress, PHP, Custom Theming
Command Line, Git, GitHub
WordPress Professional Best Practices
Command Line, Git & Github, Customizing Plugins, Mobile Optimization, Professional Deployment & Workflow
Introduction to Freelancing
Set Pricing & Services, Find Clients, Networking, Scoping & Budgeting, Proposals, Project Agreements